Saturday, April 9, 2011

Still Here

So the blog, right? The god damned blog! I've been 100% M.I.A. more than I've ever been before. I'm M.I.A. like a bunch of Colombian militants snatched me up while I was innocently scoping out the Lipstick plant in its natural habitat... or something.

Guys, listen. If ever I complained about my job, please disregard all of that. I am currently working from 9am-9pm each day, on average, in addition to some projects on the weekend. And, you know, fine. If I went to business school where it's all "Rawr, 70 hour weeks to prove yourself and move up the ladder, and blarrgghhh! Fucking suits!" Then fine. But you know what? I went to school to be a writer, with the specific aim of doing music journalism. So this has been tough, and unexpected.

And I appreciate the pay check and all, but I would like to be able to schedule both cooking meals and doing laundry in the same day, and not have that blow the fucking schedule to pieces.

Have I mentioned that I'm also recording an album? (Um, have I also mentioned how totally aware and self-conscious I am of the personal nature of this blog post compared to all the others?) Well, yeah. I'm recording an album, and that takes up mega-blocks of time too.

So here stands The Daily Clam, with a new fantastic banner made by the one and only Dan Curry. And here stands my apology for the lack of new posts in the wake of new design.

Should we talk about Rebecca Black? Should we talk about Libya? Should we talk about the weather consistently breaking the 50-degree mark? None of it seems quite right.

You know what does?


No comments:

Post a Comment