Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Songs That Make Me Say "Bah Humbug"

Christmas is a magical time for happiness and family and giving (and maybe over-spending and stressing about eating too much pie or whatever). Overall, there's really nothing to hate, and a whole lot to love. Oh wait, except these songs. I HATE these songs. So bah humbug.

If you can listen to these the whole way through, you're either going to heaven or have full blown Asperger's.

First and foremost, it's Christmas Shoes. (Or, as I like to call them, vomit shoes.)




Second is The Little Drummer Boy. Remember elementary school music class, when we all drank the kool-aid and went around saying things like "ta ta tee tee ta!" and "tee tee tee tee ta ta!" and we hated ourselves, but we did it anyway? Parumpapumpum is just one step further off that cliff.

Oh wait, you wanted to hear Jessica and Ashlee Simpson sing it? Of course you did!



Warning: This next one might just ruin your day.

What else, but a little Wham! to ring in the holiday spirit? "Last Christmas I gave you my heart.." Yeah, that'll be playing in your head until Valentine's Day, so enjoy kiddo!



I'll stop there, because even the worst of all the rest have a little something special. Plus, they only have to come around once a year. But those three.... I will shake my fist at those three until the end of time.

Tell me if you think I forgot a classic Christmas horror song!

Thanks to Nadia, for reminding me how good Band Aid is at ruining Christmas. This song makes me want to kick a Salvation Army bell ringer.

1 comment: