Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Doggies in the Window

Even though I have a Gary*, I secretly still prefer dogs. That's why I get so excited for the Westminster Dog Show. It's like a cuddlier version of Miss USA. Fortunately, the New York Times has created a totally awesome image gallery of every best of breed winner, so we can all pick out our favorite puppy wuppies!

My favorite puppy wuppies (in order of appearance):

And on the 8th day, God said, let there be naps with Bernese Mountain Dogs.



The Bloodhound, because I want to smush my face in this dog's face.



Yeah, I love huge dogs. The bigger the better, and the Great Dane wins.



The Irish Wolfhound. These guys are just so giant and awesome, and this one time when I was little I got to hang out with one allll day with my babysitter and, man, that dog was just the COOLEST.



Watch out Beyonce, this Otterhound's about to show you up, getting all SORTS of scruffalicious. I'm putting a ring on it. If I owned this dog, I'd walk around the neighborhood singing like Orphan Annie all day, every day.



Alright, so this dog is like, "whaaat?!" but at the end of the day, his name is Cordmaker Rumpus Bumpus, so he obviously gets my vote. (By the way, the breed is the Puli, soon to be known as the North American Rumpus Bumpus. Big shoutz to Genevieve and Armel for bringing this to my attention.)



This one didn't photograph too well, but I've always wanted a Saluki. They look so lithe and delicate, and I want to make one love me. They're like the runway model of dogs.



This Irish Red & White Setter looks like ice cream tastes.



The Shiba Inu is about as close as you can get to a domestic fox. Therefore, gimme gimme.



The Spinone Italiano makes we want to start smoking pipes, wear jackets with leather elbow patches, and drive an Aston Martin. (Yes, I know that's not the intended cultural reference, but it clearly doesn't matter.) Let's do it, Italiano. I name you: Watsioni.



Phew! Well that was fun. Clearly this is only the top 10 of my top 35 breeds. My main goal is to snag some tickets to next year's show at MSG. I'm going to secretly fill my pockets with bacon and then let the magic unfold. I wonder if they screen for that?

*By the way, check out image number 3 (as of today... duh). Actually, even more important to check out is Gary's Bizarro World/Doppelganger: woah, woah, woah.

**Anyone else notice a severe lack of weimaraners, dalmations, pugs, german shepherds, etc.?

2 comments:

  1. hahahaha gary is so god clam famous

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Shiba Inu is *not* as close as you can get to a domestic fox: domestic foxes exist. There was a genetic experiment circa 1960 in Russia that ended up creating tame foxes. The tame version has a fluffier tail, more varied coat color, and floppy ears.

    ReplyDelete