Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Moonrise Kingdom: So Good!

Yesterday night we went to see Wes Anderson's new film, Moonrise Kingdom. Would anyone like to go with me tonight? Because it was so good!

I'm not a big movie-goer, so I say this in comparison to films that were new and interesting approximately 5 years ago, and a sparse selection of offerings on Hulu that were made between 1972 and 1987. So... you know. Not the best reference!

I was with some people of quite reputable opinion, however, and they all agree when I say:

This movie was shot beautifully. We walked out with a ton of one liners, which I will not try to butcher for you here. The script was fun and light and fantastical, with real issues and honest motivations and, well, god damn, it was just a job well done.

In short: do yourself a favor and go see it.



And afterwards we can totally play Wes Anderson bingo!


1 comment:

  1. damnit, I'm over here living in a second-tier city, it doesn't come out until this weekend. but yeah, i'm so pumped to see this.

    ReplyDelete