Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Too Many Punks

A few days ago, I awoke to the warm California sun shining in through the skylight in my bedroom. I splashed some water on my face, pulled on my favorite sweatpants, and walked barefoot down my newly carpeted staircase. What lovely scene greeted me in my sunny, airy living room?

10 dudes, about 100 beer cans and the unmistakable stench of bleach and barf.



Our dear friends, Dani Nash & The Villains are at the tail-end of a month-long west coast tour with their friends, Clepto. Dani Nash and The Villains hold a very special place in our hearts, ever since they let us dress up like jazzercise zombies in the music video for their jam "Eating at My Brain." Our deep and abiding love for their music aside, hosting two punk bands in one house has been an interesting experience. Two of our three toilets are currently tainted with the byproducts of a leisurely game of Edward 40 Hands. There are two separate Ford Econolines dying in front of our house. One of our roommates now has a black eye (he kind of deserved it). But, they did bring a super cute dog named Elvis with them who looks just like Benji, and we love him extra tons.

The boys are playing a show tonight at Johnny V's in San Jose, so stop by in the unlikely event you're in the area. After this show, they're headed back to home base in LA. Dani Nash & The Villains play shows around the city almost every weekend, so check them out if you ever make it to the second most important city in the entire world.



3 comments: