Friday, September 17, 2010

Tornades

Every time there's a tornado warning in New York City, I scoff it off. "That's preposterous!" I say. (Especially when I'm wearing a plaid hat and talking to people 40 years older than me. Otherwise, I say "Fuck that.")

There are too many buildings in the way to give the tornado room to form, right? Is that even scientifically sound? Whatever, that's what I believe, so it must be true.

Until last night, when it was

TORNADO MAYHEM IN BROOKLYN dun dun dunnnn
(AND ALSO ALL OTHER PLACES IN THE CITY dunnn)

Prospect Heights. Photo by Brian Melcher
Seriously, there were so many smashes all over the place. 

Car smash...

House smash... 


Taco Bell smash... 



On the plus side, now your backyard's a crazy awesome jungle! Yeah!


All photos were reader-submitted at the New York Times. 

2 comments: