Monday, October 25, 2010

It's the Shopportunity of a Lifetime!

Sorry about the title of this post, but I read it today on a scrapbooking website and I couldn't think of any other time in my life when I would get the shopportunity to use it. (Twice!)

Anyway, while crossing the street in San Francisco recently, my mind was blown by a bus stop advertisement that looked a lot like this:

I experienced a full range of emotions upon viewing it. First: utter confusion about what a "tregging" actually was. Second: anger at whoever invented the word tregging. Third: acceptance that I needed to go out and buy these immediately. And finally fourth: depression after realizing I live nowhere near an H&M.

Treggings are essentially your average legging, with a faux zipper and button, faux front pockets but real-live, semi-useful back pockets. I assume they have a bit more structure than regular leggings as well, so you don't look like a weirdo or Lindsay Lohan or something.

Several days later I was on an epic (unsuccessful) journey in search of sports bra, which took me to the mysterious land of mothers and aunts: Macy's! I came upon the hosiery section where I discovered that Hue is making leggings in all sorts of fabrics with all sorts of funny names. The brand's corduroy treggings are by far my favorite.


Whoever is naming products over at Hue could possibly be my BFF, though. Instead of the ridiculously named jeggings, they opted instead to refer to them as Skinny Jeanz. (Yes, with a z.) And who could forget the ever-unpopular "skegging." I know; I too thought they were referring to skanky leggings. But unfortunately it's a combination of a skirt and leggings, just like when we were little and spent too much time climbing things to worry about who could see our panties!


4 comments:

  1. ahhh you said panties! i hate you! i can't wait to spend all winter wearing treggings and not-a-dresses

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah I said panties. That's what they're called when they have stars and butterflies on them and they're made by hanes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post in so many ways!!!! I LOVE when u go on scrapbooking sites! I LOVE any product that uses a Z at the end (especially ones sold at macys). And I kinda want a skegging...for climbing.

    ReplyDelete