Friday, October 29, 2010

Omigod, Shoes (Part 3 of Infinity)

Okay, so no more apologies for writing about shoes. They're awesome and we need them to go outside and we spend at least 8% of each day thinking about them, so there's no reason we shouldn't constantly be talking about them.

Remember duck boots? I had to get a new pair every year since my feet were always growing and it was such a practical choice for those harsh Boston winters. I remember I would wear them to school, but then change into different shoes once I got there because they were so ugly and made your feet hot once you weren't standing in snow up to your chest.
But like most things that weren't that great in your childhood (remember skeggings?), they're experiencing an exciting comeback. Tommy Hilfiger managed to take a shoe I never really liked save for its practicality, slap on a 5 inch heel and $300 price tag and make me fall in love all over again.



I particularly like the ankle version; I can see it pairing very well with tights and miniskirts or skinny jeans. I'm not sure they'll do you much good during a New England winter, but luckily (duckily?) it never snows in Santa Cruz.




1 comment: