Thursday, October 7, 2010

This is a Post About Bats!

I'm getting a little psyched for Halloween -- mostly because of the huge candy stash that started appearing in the freezer. (I'm going to get diabetes!) Aside from the all the twixing and snickering, I'm also psyched because of the decorating and costuming. (I'm going to wear the coat!)

Did I mention I'm also kind of psyched about the bats? Greenpoint Tavern is currently covered (COVERED!) with cheesey bat and ghost decorations, and it's really kitschy and great. Also just last night I hallucinated that some leaves dangling off a branch were actually a bat, and I got all excited... and then really disappointed. So, yeah, they're on the brain.

These bats are from my new favorite discovery, Brand New. Also did you know that a group of bats is called a colony? I wanted it to be a battery, but I guess that's asking too much.

1 comment:

  1. Asking WAY too much. I had a lot of close encounters with bats as a kids. They're kinda scary and gross.

    ReplyDelete